A Christian Blog to encourage, challenge and strengthen.
...So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;

It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I desire,
And achieve the purpose for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:11

Friday, June 14, 2013

Rest

  'Moorhens'

Rest

I rest
But only
For a moment,
Don’t want to miss
The time
The day
Quickly waning
And the job
Not completed
Is my greatest test
Of heart
I struggle again
To my feet
Must go on
Must complete
The task
The call
The purpose…
The drive
Must know
With all my heart
I left
No stone
Unturned
No task
Unfinished
Look now
I see Him
The day is done
The night has come
And there is no time
Left...
Yet,
Sweet relief
O gracious God
I hear the words
So long awaited
Well done
Good and faithful servant…
Enter now
Into thy rest”!

*** 

Years ago I was challenged and inspired by the biography of C.T. Studd. His great zeal, perseverance and utterly 'spent' life for the Kingdom of God was a clarion call to me and can be also to believers everywhere... God has His people in all walks of life and all manner of positions and environments; yet no believer 'great or small' need be left out of 'swimming in the depths' of knowing God or of 'spending themselves' (their lives) for the Kingdom. Seek holiness through the power of the Holy Spirit... and the deepening 'depths of knowing God' shall follow as of water rushing in a crystal clear stream.

And do not think that physical disability need stand in your way... for even a Christian with Cerebral Palsy, when filled with the Holy Spirit can become a tremendous intercessor. And they will find that they can go far distances in prayer and most assuredly run past the physical journeys' of their able-bodied brethren!