A Christian Blog to encourage, challenge and strengthen.
...So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;

It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I desire,
And achieve the purpose for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:11

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

One Life



One Life

One life
in which to give
my all
One life
Bought
And paid for
No longer mine
But His…
And yours
One life
To make a change
A difference
An imprint
Large
or small
One life given
One life bought
An exchange
Of dust
For gold
Of heaven
For earth
Of forever
For now
I feel the pull
The fire
Raging
Within me.
The pull
That says
Move onward
Upward
And ever Forward.
Till every nook
And cranny
Is filled
With life-long
Satisfaction
Of the job
Completed.
Of the life
Fulfilled
To greatest
And fullest Measure


***
This poem speaks of the deep longing of my soul to rid myself of all that stands in the way of giving Jesus my 'all'. The only proper action toward One who gave His life for me and purchased me at such a precious price!