A Christian Blog to encourage, challenge and strengthen.
...So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;

It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I desire,
And achieve the purpose for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:11

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Godly lessons from spiritual encounters


'Worship is Powerful!!'
***

*Please read this page for better understanding:  'Caution regarding posts: 'Godly lessons from spiritual encounters'

I was sleeping peacefully one night and awakened suddenly to the approaching sounds of 'jibbering and jabbering'. I could see 2 small demons rushing towards me and they began to 'circle around my head and body'. Their actions were not unlike the irritating buzzing of a giant bug that you keep swatting away but it keeps coming at you. My first thought was, "How did you get in here??" And as they kept up their swirling about my head, laughing with demonic glee over my discomfort and laughing all the harder and dodging out of the way as I swung my arms and hands to get them away from me. (I could see and understand that the more irritated I became, the more it caused them glee and I also saw and understood that 'it was like this was their greatest purpose and they just 'lived for it' and they were especially pleased with the short burst of freedom given to them from the Lord, the Lord was allowing them access to me for this brief moment and they were making the most of it) Then, seriously irritated at their laughing and mocking; I struck out at one of them, trying to hit it away... immediately, it latched onto my hand (in the spirit realm) and bit down hard (like an animal does). Instantly, my 'spirit man' rose up within me with great indignation and strength and yelled out (in the spirit), "Ow!!! You little bugger!! How dare you bite me!! I am a child of God!!!" It let go and eyed me for a second and jabbered at me. (and I could see that it had a very low intelligence, not stupid or totally unknowing, but more animal-like than anything else. It knew what it was doing but did not have a higher intelligence, it was definitely not of superior rank in the demonic realm; it was rather among the hordes of little, lower 'minions')

I pointed at both of them and said (in my spirit), "Alright, that's enough! I don't know how you two got in here but in the name of Jesus, I command you to get out right now!" I pointed to the window, directing them with my finger and marched them out, watching them reluctantly leave. I breathed a quick sigh to calm down a bit and then lay back down to try and go to sleep again. I had just drifted off when I heard the sound of jabbering approaching again. I woke up and saw one of the demons had returned and was perched on my headboard. I got up on my knees, pointed at it as I looked it in the face and said, "I know how to get rid of you, you little bugger!!" I began to sing (in my spirit) Handel's 'Messiah' and let the worship of the song fill my heart and spirit! After a moment or two, it looked at me, jabbered once and then vanished! I lay back down with the wonderful musical strains of the 'Messiah' chorus washing over me and drifted off into blissful sleep.

*** 

What I learned:

#1
Worship is powerful!! It has many wonderful qualities; one of which is the rich, beautiful presence of the Holy Spirit that saturates us as we come into God's awesome presence and sit at His feet in rapturous joy! True worship does this...and true worship is 'that which loves and seeks God for Himself, not for what He can give us... acknowledging His greatness, His perfection, His Wonderful being!' True worship leads us to desire to 'dwell in the secret place of the Most High'! Psalm 91:1

And true worship creates an atmosphere that the enemy cannot stand to be in! 

#2
I was pleasantly relieved to see that my 'spirit man' was very strong in the Lord and very healthy. It was also much more mature and stable in the knowledge of the kingdom, the ways of God and the understandings of my spirits' relationship with God than I seemed to be experiencing on the outside. I have never used the specific term 'Child of God' to describe myself and was pleasantly taken aback a bit by the force, conviction and 'secure finality' in the way this statement was put forth. I may struggle through trials, tribulations, doubts and the ups and downs of walking out my Christan life... but my Spirit is growing with leaps and bounds! And it confirms this vision* I had about 17 years ago; of my soul and the outcome of the nourishment fed to it daily in prayer, studying the scriptures and walking in obedience to the Word of God and the leading of the Holy Spirit. * I had a vision of my soul. Somewhere inside me where the soul dwells I glimpsed its’ refuge. It was in a place of warm darkness, not unlike a womb. I saw that it was protected on all sides, encased in the darkness, safe from any harm. I then saw nourishment in the form of teachings, words from God; anything that made my soul grow. With great thankfulness and tender love they were drawn into my souls’ warm embrace. My soul took profound pleasure in the visits of these treasures. Then I saw and understood that one day I would shed this body and I would be born. I would be free, and I would be with my Lord forever.

I think one of the most comforting and encouraging things I learned from this experience is that my spirit is so much healthier and stable in strong spiritual growth than I could have ever realized just observing from the 'outside', mainly because life is so full of struggles and trials for the Christian that we tend to think of ourselves as often 'taking one step forward and two steps back'... but instead, the Holy Spirit teaches, molds and shapes us in ways we can't understand and even though we cannot see it, all those wonderful things we pray for concerning 'being changed into the image of Christ, being sanctified into holiness' are actually happening. We can know truly that the inner spirit thrives toward holiness through the daily dying to self and the wonderful power of the Holy Spirit. And even though I am limited by this mind and body as far as how much I can remember when I study the Word, it is apparent that our inner spirits do not have that problem! What the Holy Spirit deposits in our spirits, what He teaches us, remains safely within us. My spirit grows daily and is strong, healthy, godly and holy. What I find really encouraging is that this particular encounter happened 15 years ago! Wow! What must my spirit man look like now!? :)