A Christian Blog to encourage, challenge and strengthen.
...So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;

It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I desire,
And achieve the purpose for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:11

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Every knee shall bow...



The following incident took place while living on our first boat. The year was 1993.

I was standing at the sink in the galley, doing dishes and not thinking about anything in particular. Suddenly, I had an intense vision! For a fraction of a split-second, heaven was opened to me and I saw the throne of God and at the sight of Him, immediately was 'knocked to my knees' by the power of it! I could not stand, nor could I move; the only thing I could do was cry out to Him, "My God, my God!!"

In that split-second, what I saw gave me some understanding of why Ezekiel could only describe the throne and the four living creatures as 'likenesses'. The vision the Lord allowed me to see was 'unveiled' as in seeing the throne of God and the 'likeness' of God Himself and yet very 'veiled' in that; I saw the throne, God upon the throne, images of 'beings flying around the throne' and a few beings standing around the throne and all was white yet the images were 'cloaked' in grey 'cloud'. God sitting on the throne was in the 'likeness of a man, but was not a man' and a likeness of a 'crown' of 'light' surrounded His head. The other beings were 'likenesses' of living beings but I was not granted as clear a vision as Ezekiel that I could describe them in detail...yet I knew that it was the 'four living creatures' that were flying around the throne. I do not know who the other beings were, standing around the throne; just that they were of very high prominence. I stayed on my knees worshiping for a very long time!
*** 

This vision and the power of it has helped me understand in a deep way, several things written in the Word of God:

*The absolute power of His 'unveiled' appearance and how the human body would perish at the sight of Him without His sustaining. Several of the writers of scripture who have seen 'unveiled' messengers, fell down as though 'dead' and could not be given the message or see anything concerning the message until they were supernaturally strengthened... and I can tell you that the teeny, tiny glimpse I had was enough to make me almost pass out!

*Years ago my husband also had an intense vision of the same nature... he saw an 'unveiled' glimpse of heaven and it was tremendously powerful. He asked God if he could see more of heaven and the Lord said, "No son, it would kill you if I showed you more, it would be far too intense for your body to survive."

*Thomas doubted the resurrection of Christ until He appeared in the midst of the disciples and all he could do upon seeing Him was cry out "My Lord and my God!"

*Jesus, being the Son of God was 'veiled' while on earth and we see a glimpse of His majesty when they came to arrest Him in the garden, When He said, "I Am He... 'they were knocked backward and fell to the ground'! John 18:6

*That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:10 & 11

"I have sworn by Myself;
The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness,
And shall not return,
That to Me every knee shall bow,
Every tongue shall take an oath."
Isaiah 45:23