A Christian Blog to encourage, challenge and strengthen.
...So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;

It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I desire,
And achieve the purpose for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:11

Thursday, July 18, 2013

'Stand Your Ground' (a word of strength to the body)



This morning as I reached for my Bible, the Holy Spirit strongly urged me to read first from the devotional written by D.L. Moody, 'Thoughts for the quiet hour'. I opened the little book and was immediately struck to the heart by the following verse...

'Many are the troubles of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all'  
Psalm 34:19

I began to pray, thanking God for everything He allows into our lives and praising Him that He is always in control and everything is for our good. (This dispelled the tinge of fear that tried to come over me when I first saw the verse. because my first reaction was, "uh oh, what kind of trouble is heading my way?") I felt peace after praying and then read the verse again. The first word 'many' jumped out at me and the Holy Spirit began speaking to me the following word and that it was not for me personally but for the body.

Many are the troubles, trials and persecutions about to come upon the body of Christ. Things are about to 'heat up'. These troubles will increase but the Lord wants you to know that He delivers His children out of them all. Most of the troubles are going to be verbal at first and we will be learning to 'stand our ground' and take it. This will be a time of learning not to flinch or bow down to pressure... to 'stand our ground' on our convictions and what we know to be right and truth. 'Stand your ground' and do not move to the left or to the right... do not sway even an inch to the side... do not compromise in even the smallest account'. Stand your ground!

And know this... that even if we go through the fire, we will not be burned by it. Even if we seemingly 'pay a cost' in the 'worlds eyes' it is not what is truly going on...no matter what you face as a believer, know this... the cleansing, strengthening, purifying, building up of the Body of Christ is what is really happening. The fruits of the Spirit of God are the end result of much affliction... these fruits being faith, love, joy, long suffering, gentleness, goodness, meekness, temperance and peace.

So have no fear, trust God for your lives and your souls, for your walk and your strength... for Jesus is the Author and Finisher of our faith and nothing is without purpose. And if nothing is without purpose and all things work to the good, and God is in control and reigns supreme on the throne... then we have nothing to fear. Stand straight, stand tall, stand your ground!