A Christian Blog to encourage, challenge and strengthen.
...So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;

It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I desire,
And achieve the purpose for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:11

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Getting from Here to There...

 
Getting From Here to There

I could see where I wanted to be...where I needed to be...but it was as though I was looking across a  a huge chasm and I could see the distant shore, but didn't know how to get from 'here to there'. I wanted it badly, I just didn't know how I was going to get there... So I began to pray to the Holy Spirit, "I know You can do anything, I know that You can get me there. I don't need to know the 'how', I believe You can do this, You can break these things that stand in my way." And then, fear began to rise up in my heart because my flesh was afraid of what it might have to go through... so I cried out to God even more... I said "Oh God! Have mercy upon me! I want this, I must have it... please! Do not listen to my flesh...listen to my spirit!... I must have this and I trust You, that no matter what it takes, or what I may have to go through...that You are loving, and You are powerful... You are able to strengthen me and get me through whatever it takes to accomplish this!... Oh God, have mercy upon me and hear my cry and do not listen to my flesh...listen to my spirit!"

And He did! And I cannot tell you how... but I can tell you that one day...there I was! On the other side... I do not know how I got from here to there... but I do know that He got me here! And I can tell you that I have prayed this prayer many times through the years and Every Single Time! He has brought me through.and it has been by His power and the wonderful, fantastic workings of the Holy Spirit! He can do anything, He can break anything, He can overcome Anything! There is nothing He cannot do and there is nothing that can stand in His way!! 

Have courage... God will hear your heart cry and He will bring you to where He wants you to be and He will do the changes in you that He wants for You! Jesus is indeed 'the Author and finisher of our faith'!

"looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith"
 Hebrews 12:2